- Plexiglass barriers have been added to the reception area.
- HEPA Air Purifiers have been placed around the office to clean and circulate the air.
- Hospital grade disinfectants used that are most effective against Covid-19 virus.
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask in the office.
- There will be no magazines in the reception area.
- The reception area and the bathroom will be disinfected on a strict routine schedule.
- The clinical team will be wearing more PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) than you are used to seeing. Our office temperature may feel lower to accommodate our clinical team with their extra layers of protective gear. Please dress accordingly.
The procedure for your visit will be different but simple to follow:
- We will communicate with you before your appointment date to ask some Covid-19 specific screening questions. Please be sure to respond!
- You will be asked those same questions again when you are at the office.
- You will be asked to remain in your vehicle until our team member is ready to begin the visit. You will be notified by phone call or text message when you may come in for your appointment.
- We will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer.
- We have hand sanitizers that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Please limit extra companions on your trip to the office to only essential people in order to reduce the number of people in the office.
- We will be scheduling differently to accommodate social distancing measures and to allow greater time between patients in order to reduce wait times. This means the office will be seeing less patients per day and will have less open appointment times. Please be sure to confirm your appointments and be on time for your appointment since we may have less ability to accommodate late arrivals or reschedules.
- You may notice a difference in the flow of your appointments as we work to reduce contact points during your visit. You will still spend plenty of time with our clinical team.
- We may schedule follow up appointments and collect copays over the phone.
- Please avoid walk-ins - reach out to us through phone, text, or email first.
- Please reschedule your visit if you have a fever, fatigue, loss of taste/smell, if you have an active Covid-19 family member at home, or are just not feeling well in general.
We really are looking forward to seeing you and getting back a piece of normal life. The team at Smile Life Dental wants to thank you for your continued support in choosing us for your dental care needs. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.